Storm Damage Repair Guidelines
The City of Houston recognizes the challenges associated with the recovery efforts from the recent flood event. To help meet those challenges, the Houston Permitting Center is extending its operating hours to service customers facing flood damage repairs.
Customers who need flood damage repair permits may visit the Houston Permitting Center at their convenience during the following times:
- 8am – 5pm, Monday - Friday
IMPORTANT: If your property resides in the floodplain please contact the City of Houston’s Flood Management Office at 832-394-8854 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to making any repairs. You may also visit us in person at 1002 Washington Avenue, 77002.
The following documents are useful for getting started with the flood damage repair process:
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program Information Meeting
- Flood Mitigation Assistance Presentation
- Flood Damage Repair in the Floodplain Quick Facts
- Homeowner’s Information – Important Notice Regarding Flood and Wind Event Repair Work
- Repairing Flood Damage in Floodplain Frequently Asked Questions
- Substantial Damage Determination Appeal Form