Flood Damage Repair in the Floodplain
The City of Houston Floodplain Management Department recognizes the challenges associated with the recovery efforts from the recent flood event. For the safety of our citizens, we want to remind everyone of the basic repair rules and permit requirements.
Also, homes located in the floodplain have additional requirements, and repairs cannot be made until first contacting the Flood Management Office at 832-394-8854.
The following helpful documents are provided for your convenience. If you still have questions, or need assistance, visit the Houston Permitting Center, 1002 Washington Avenue, 3rd Floor, Houston, TX 77002, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Or visit the website at Houstonpermittingcenter.org.
- Repairing Flood Damage in the Flood plain - Frequently Asked Questions
- Repairing Flood Damage in the Flood plain - Fact Sheet
- Flood Damage Repair Checklist for Single Family Residential
- Flood Damage Repair Checklist for Commercial or Multifamily Residential Properties
- Substantial Damage Determination Appeal Form
- Substantial Damage Determination Request Form
- Substantial Damage Estimate Request Form
- Variances to the NFIP