My Home Flooded

Post Flood Information for Homeowners

If your home has suffered flood damage, and/or has been substantially damaged, a Floodplain Development Permit may be required, depending on your location and flood hazard zone. Call the City of Houston at 832-394-8854 to get the facts before you rebuild.

  • If your structure does need repairing, City staff can advise you on ways to reduce flood risk while repairing your structure.
  • Flood mitigation grant opportunities may be available for projects to reduce flood risk to your structure. Check with the Floodplain Management Office for a list of available funding options.
  • If you have flood insurance, and the City determines your structure is substantially damaged, you may be eligible for Increased Cost of Compliance (ICC) coverage, which provides funding up to $30,000 to elevate, demolish, or relocate your structure.
  • If your neighborhood has flooded, do not drive through floodwaters. Floodwaters are often murky and depth is hard to determine. Turn Around, Don’t Drown®!
  • Keep away from standing floodwaters which may be contaminated and contain pollutants, debris, and animals such as snakes and ants.