Engineering and Construction Division
Carol Ellinger Haddock, P.E., Deputy Director
The City of Houston's Department of Public Works and Engineering announces a change in its senior leadership team. Following the departure of Daniel R. Menendez, P.E., on February 12, 2016, Ms. Carol Haddock, P.E., has been appointed to serve as Deputy Director for the Engineering and Construction Division, as of Monday, February 15, 2016. She may be reached at 832-395-2201. The Division is divided into five branches as follows:
Ravi Kaleyatodi, P.E., Senior Assistant Director
- Engineering design phase contract negotiations, appropriations, project management and administration.
- Construction advertisement and project award. Updating CIP for Street and Traffic Control facilities and Storm Water Drainage facilities.
- Project coordination with Harris County, Fort Bend County, Metro, Texas Department of Transportation and Houston-Galveston Area Council.
Joseph Myers, Senior Assistant Director
- Provide CIP project construction management, administration and inspection services.
- All construction phase appropriations.
- Provide CIP project acceptance and close out actions.
C.I.P. Programming Branch
Vacant, Assistant Director
- Add new candidate projects to upcoming five-year CIP based on department's prioritization process.
- Schedule funding of projects within the CIP.
- Manage the appropriation schedule of CIP projects working with stakeholders to maintain appropriation schedules.
- Provide project mapping support to stakeholders to minimize negative project impact and assist in effective project scheduling.
- Generate reports conducive to effective CIP management.
Support Services Branch
Vacant, Division Manager
- Monitoring 3-1-1 and Super Neighborhood service requests for E&CD. Coordination of the Substitute Services Program
- Preparing the annual E&CD budget, processing personnel actions, purchasing supplies and services, and providing other administrative services.
Mike Pezeshki, P.E., Managing Engineer
- Oversees all Construction Materials Testing for quality assurance on all Public Works construction projects.
- Handles all investigations of potential environmental hazards on City property or projects.
- Reviews Geotechnical and Environmental reports and proposals during design of projects.