Under the direction of Deputy Director Susan Bandy, the Resource Management Division is responsible for managing, monitoring and control of the Department's finances. The Division is divided into Three branches:
The Financial Management Branch is responsible for the Department’s accounting, financing, budgeting, and financial planning. The branch consists of Accounts Payable, Budget Management, Fiscal Services, and Project Accounting.
The Materials Management Branch, led by Assistant Director, David Guernsey, is responsible for:
* Overseeing the department's procurement and purchasing process.
* Developing, evaluating and renewing contracts and resolving contractual differences.
* Recommending contract awards and monitoring of price adjustments.
* Developing and maintaining the supply chain to the department's operations, through a network of warehouses.
* Recovering maximum return on investment of the Department's surplus, obsolete and salvaged materials and assets.
Utility Customer Service under the leadership of Assistant Director Tommy McClung, is responsible for reading and maintaining customer water meters, producing bills, receiving and processing payments, depositing cash receipts into City of Houston bank accounts handling customer inquiries and maintaining records of all related activities.
Capital Projects Branch led by Assistant Director Rudy Garcia, is responsible for the capital projects and the accounting of all fixed assets for the department.