Located in this directory is a list of Flood Plain Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions.
Flood Plain Guidelines Frequently Asked Questions
City of Houston - Elevation Certificate
The Floodplain Management Office (FMO) 1) Issues floodplain permits; 2) Issues Bulkhead permits; 3) Issues Boat dock permits; 4) Reviews CLOMRs, LOMRS, CLOMAs and LOMAS; 5) Recommends Action on Chapter 19 Variance applications to the Board of Appeals; 6) Inspects Structures for conformance with development permit requirements; 7) Inspects mitigation facilities for conformance with permit; 8) Heads CRS Rating application; 9) Reviews CIP plans for compliance with Chapter 19.
2012 Floodplain Management Plan
The 2012 FMP has been created by the City’s FMP Committee to document and coordinate the City’s floodplain management activities for the purpose of:
- Reducing flood losses and impacts from flooding
- Improving protection of the floodplain’s natural and beneficial functions
- Supporting flood mitigation activities
- Promoting awareness and attention to the City’s flooding problems
- Fulfilling the requirements of the Community Rating System to maintain National Flood Insurance Program premium discounts for Houston’s flood insurance policy holders with standard rate policies in the 100 year and 500 year floodplains.
Links of Interest
Local Government Websites
“For information on Flood Awareness see pages 16 -17 in the front page of the November 2009 Houston AT&T Real Yellow Pages.”